The Digital 20/20 IT Leaders Group is a new forum of corporate sector CIOs, predominantly from Financial Services and Retail, who have come together to help drive the growth of a strong IT sector in the region.
Yorkshire has long boasted a history of IT innovation both within the supplier and customer communities. However, there is little in the way of a locally inspired forum for large IT employers.
The Digital 20/20 IT Leaders Group aims to fill this gap, bringing together thought leadership and innovation to help shape and promote IT as a core competency in Yorkshire. Key goals are to:
- Promote Yorkshire as a hub for quality IT.
- Identify and promote best practice and technologies that drive faster, sharper and lower cost IT solutions and resourcing approaches in the support of Yorkshire businesses.
The Group is convened and facilitated by Digital 20/20.
Membership is by invitation and currently includes:
- Mike Broughton, William Hill
- David Craggs, Provident Finance
- David Henderson, Yorkshire Building Society
- Heather Jackson, CMEC
- Alan Linter, Ventura
- John Saville, International Personal Finance
- Henry Varney, Skipton Building Society
- John Walker, Arcadia Group
The Group is currently focusing on two areas:
- New models of Internships both for graduates and for those under threat of redundancy
- Exploring the business case for a Yorkshire-based resource pool for entry level jobs currently offshored
Members please login at: Digital 20/20 IT Leaders Community.
For more information on the Digital 20/20 IT Leaders Group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org